Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A {easy to make} Tutu


You will need an elastic head band and some tulle.  I used 1 yard of tulle.


Cut the tulle in strips, approximately 1/2" - 1" wide.

Tie the strips around the elastic band.  The dots on this tulle make it a bit tricky to get a snug knot.

And voila, a tutu. (Trim the length of tutu as desired)


And the tutu in motion. She was eager to test it, twirling around and moving things, so fun for her, hard for me to get a decent photo.


This is her witches costume tutu!  I still want to embellish the skirt with some gold or silver string. And we have a tulle cape that I made for my son when he was around this age. And a witches hat, of course.

Ribbon or fabric strips would also make a cute tutu!

Due credit: I snagged this easy to make tutu idea from the book Crafty Mama by Abby Percoriello

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I love it! I especially love the "medallions" in the tulle. I hope you post pics of your little one in full witch garb!

    ReplyDelete

Another 100 year old house renovation

Popular Posts